Click to go back Back
Rock Island
Tri-City Railways
Click to go forward Forward
471 in Rock Island in 1910

Horsecar service began in Rock Island in 1866, and additional companies began operating thereafter in the other Quad Cities.

Electrification began in Davenport in 1885. In Mar 1906, the Tri-City Railway and Light Company acquired all of the various companies. Buses were introduced on new extensions in 1920 and began replacing streetcars on lines in 1937. The last streetcars operated on the Bridge line in 1940.
Courtesy the Stephen Scalzo collection

usr_m_stii_tricit_471_rockisland_1910_ss_tcr02.jpg

Click to go Back Click to go Forward



Back to Tri-City Railways
Back to Illinois
Back to www.newdavesrailpix.com