Back
|
Kewanee
Galesburg and Kewanee Electric Railway
|
Forward
|
3 on the East Wethersfield Spur near South East Street on McClure Street
In 1924, the Kewanee Public Service Company took over, rebuilding all of the city trackage, and obtaining used Birney streetcars from Detroit and a new interurban car.
All service was resumed in November 1924. However, declining ridership because of the Depression and deteriorating trackage resulted in abandonment of interurban service in 1935 and declining ridership resulted in the local streetcars being converted to buses in 1936.
Courtesy the Stephen Scalzo collection